Tuesday 5 May 2009

Lame attacks - still..

Well friends, it appears we are being attacked by a self-publicist running a blog site who is trying to attract readers by attacking others.

I won't publish his blogs name (if you really want it just email me) as that is clearly what he's hoping for, but basically he accuses us of trading off Amazon's name and running meaningless awards. I'm guessing he's never won an award and is envious of those of you who have attracted hundreds of votes for your titles.

If you come across this sort of vitriol, I suggest you just ignore it because his is only one tiny, unknown voice against the many that have praised your achievements.

As for the Amazon name, I think it's pretty clear on every page of this site that we aren't trading off it, despite the fact that Amazon were perfectly content having an approved Associates relationship with us for many months through 2008 and accepting thousands of visitors as a result.

Still... now that relationship has ended and rather than give fuel to the mindless ramblings of people like the aforementioned, I intend to change the name in the near future.

I will send out a notice when it is done and clearly I will post an update here but any links you have created will be re-directed to the new site. After long consideration and polling onions around the Internet, I've decided not to pursue the eBook or any other type of selling on line. The new awards site will be just that, exclusively awards.

Personally I find it sad that people spend time portraying themselves as the 'custodians of the publishing world' when in fact they are simply promoting their own blog site, but aspiring authors should not be deterred from continuing to write. These people are in the minority and few have even heard of them so they will have no impact on the prospects for your work.

Pete

4 comments:

Maty P said...

Thanks for sending me the address Pete, I did go there out of morbid curiosity but won't be returning.

He is now claiming you and Bob are the same person, which is interesting as I know Bob and he doesn't look much like your photo on the web!

Just wanted you to know that these awards mean something to me and I thank you for running them. We can't all be Booker Prize winners but I would have thought there was room for recognition at all levels.

Despite the waffle, I still don't understand what harm you are being accused of - this guy just seems to have got it in for you.

He seems a very nasty piece of work to me.

AmazonClicks.com said...

Thanks Maty

It takes all sorts to make a world I suppose!

Pete

Maty P said...

One last comment Pete, your site is hosted in the US right?

I ask because the guy claimed you and Bob had the same Channel Island IP address - that's neat!

AmazonClicks.com said...

Yes Maty, the site has US not UK IP addresses.

It's conceivable Bob and I have used the same internet cafe but I've never contacted this person so he wouldn't have mine, you can draw your own conclusions!